Resources for Adults
Samaritans – You can access confidential emotional support at any time from Samaritans either by calling 116 123 or emailing email@example.com
Mental Health Foundation – 10 minute mindfulness practice exercise narrated by Mindfulness expert, Professor Mark Williams, and features a series of breathing and visualisation techniques. https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/podcasts-and-videos/mindfulness-10-minute-practice-exercise
Resources for Young People
Helplines for Young People:
- SHOUT- free confidential text support for young people who feel overwhelmed or are struggling to cope
- Text 85258
- Childline – free, private and confidential service that you can access online and on the phone. They can provide help and support for people up to their 19th birthday.
- 1-2-1 counsellor chat https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
- Call 0800 1111
Resources for Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Childline – advice, exercises, games and videos to help when you feel anxious or sad: https://www.childline.org.uk/toolbox/calm-zone/
- Young Minds – advice and information about mental health for children and young people: https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/
- Stem4 – website and apps to help teenagers with low mood, anxiety, self-harm, addiction and eating disorders: https://stem4.org.uk/
Resources for Parents
Young Minds Parent Line –free advice, emotional support and signposting about a child or young person up to the age of 25.
- 0808 802 5544 9:30am – 4pm, Mon – Fri.
Beacon House – Resources for parents and professionals about supporting children with developmental trauma.
Anna Freud Centre – Advice and guidance for parents and carers on supporting children with mental health difficulties.
Domestic Violence and Abuse Resources
Operation Encompass – A charitable organisation that enhances communication between police forces and schools to ensure child victims of Domestic Abuse receive timely support.
National Centre for Domestic Violence – Provides free and effective support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse.