Resources and Signposting
Operation Encompass National Teachers’ Helpline
This helpline provides free advice and guidance for teachers across England and Wales following an Operation Encompass call. Supporting children and young people as victims of Domestic Abuse. The helpline is available from 8.00am-1.00pm, Monday to Friday. The helpline number is 0204 513 9990. Calls are charged at local rates.
Further information about Operation Encompass can be found on their website – www.operationencompass.org
Operation Encompass Book Reviews
Click here to download Part 1 of the Operation Encompass Book Review document, including reviews by our Clinical Team
Research that Psychology Associates has been involved in
Operation Encompass – The Next Steps: https://www.cordisbright.co.uk/news/post.php?s=operation-encompass-the-next-steps
Supporting children and young people who have experienced adversity and trauma – The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists – https://www.rcslt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/RCSLT_Adversity_Trauma_A4_4pp_FINAL.pdf
Psychology Associates' Resources
Children and Young People:
Resources for Adults
Samaritans – You can access confidential emotional support at any time from Samaritans either by calling 116 123 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Foundation – 10 minute mindfulness practice exercise narrated by Mindfulness expert, Professor Mark Williams, and features a series of breathing and visualisation techniques. https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/podcasts-and-videos/mindfulness-10-minute-practice-exercise
Resources for Young People
Helplines for Young People:
- SHOUT- free confidential text support for young people who feel overwhelmed or are struggling to cope
- Text 85258
- Childline – free, private and confidential service that you can access online and on the phone. They can provide help and support for people up to their 19th birthday.
- 1-2-1 counsellor chat https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
- Call 0800 1111
Resources for Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Childline – advice, exercises, games and videos to help when you feel anxious or sad: https://www.childline.org.uk/toolbox/calm-zone/
- Young Minds – advice and information about mental health for children and young people: https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/
- Stem4 – website and apps to help teenagers with low mood, anxiety, self-harm, addiction and eating disorders: https://stem4.org.uk/
Resources for Parents
Young Minds Parent Line –free advice, emotional support and signposting about a child or young person up to the age of 25.
- 0808 802 5544 9:30am – 4pm, Mon – Fri.
Beacon House – Resources for parents and professionals about supporting children with developmental trauma.
Anna Freud Centre – Advice and guidance for parents and carers on supporting children with mental health difficulties.
Domestic Violence and Abuse Resources
Operation Encompass – A charitable organisation that enhances communication between police forces and schools to ensure child victims of Domestic Abuse receive timely support.
National Centre for Domestic Violence – Provides free and effective support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse.